Thursday, June 4, 2009

Library Has New Tricks

I'm an audio book fanatic. A lot of my work is data entry and having a good book read to me makes the task go faster. Our local library (Montgomery County Memorial Library) is great. They have introduced a new concept. Its a little ipod do-dad already loaded with an audible book or music. You have to add an AAA battery and personal earphones. The thing that I love about this new gadget is how mobile it is. It’s small enough to throw in my back pocket and go.

The library web site also has several different digital media available for download. If you prefer, you can download straight to your ipod (or iPhone, MuVo, etc). They have eBooks in Adobe PDF format and Mobipocket eBooks. To use any of these formats, you must download software first. But it’s well worth it.

Visit a library.

0 comments:

Post a Comment